No, no, no…we certainly don’t think that some foods are more “manly” than others, or that “real men” only eat certain foods and avoid others. We don’t think that at all. But the stereotype is a real thing.
Remember Bruce Feirstein’s Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche back in the early 80s? Sure, it was satire, but the stereotypes it lampooned existed then and continue on to some extent today. And yet there are lots of men out there who live plant-based and love it…and it doesn’t affect their masculinity one bit!
So, for anyone who tells you that men don’t eat that “rabbit food stuff”, invite them over and knock their socks off with these made-over “manly” meals!
- Thanksgiving Pot Pie (because you don’t have to wait for the turkey leftovers, it’s not just for Thanksgiving!)
- Portobello Philly Cheese Steakless Sandwiches (oh yeah…this is some real bar food right here!)
- BBQ Pulled Jackfruit (jackfruit can match pork or beef bite-for-tasty-bite any day of the week, in case you were wondering)
- Veggie & Tempeh Sloppy Joes (move over, Joe, and check out the competition!)
- The Best Vegetarian Bean Chili (you’ve never seen chiles until you’ve seen the ones in this recipe…and there’s booze!)