This episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast is all about rice. We discuss some of the most common types of rice (white, brown, red, and black), the health benefits of eating rice, and also some of the warnings about eating rice (especially regarding its arsenic content). We also share some tips for reducing the arsenic content of the rice you eat.
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Vegetarian Zen Podcast! If you find value in our podcast and listen on iTunes, please consider leaving us a rating and review.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Join the Peas and Carrots Society on Facebook:
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode:
- 8 Varieties of Rice with Rich Benefits
- The Rice Association
- Types Of Rice: The Benefits, Differences And The Healthiest
- What Kind of Rice is Best?
- The Forbidden Rice: Black Rice Nutrition & Benefits
- Brown, Black, Purple & Red Unlike White on Rice
- Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic?
- Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, & Wine Come From?
- How Much Arsenic Is in Your Rice?
- White Rice, Brown Rice Or Red Rice: Which One is the Healthiest?
- Arsenic in Rice and Rice Products
Recipe of the Week
Question: Are you a fan of rice and if so, what’s your favorite way to consume it? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Don’t miss a single episode of Vegetarian Zen! Subscribe today:Subscribe on iTunes Subscribe on Stitcher
As the podcast has grown, we have had to move the first 100 episodes to their very own “archive” show. To subscribe to the Vegetarian Zen Archive (Episodes 1 – 100), click the iTunes or Stitcher button below:Vegetarian Zen Archive on iTunes Vegetarian Zen Archive on Stitcher
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa