CBD Oil I’d heard about CBD oil but hadn’t really done much research into it until our dog, Cosmo, developed issues with his leg which may require surgery. As we do with any major decision (and some minor ones!), Larissa and I are doing a lot of research about his condition, including treatment options, before […]
We have recently started including aromatherapy using essential oils as part of our monthly massages and we both love it. In this episode of the Vegetarian Podcast, we discuss the basics of essential oils–what they as well as some benefits and risks associated with their use. Thanks for tuning in to this episode […]
In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we’ll be sharing some tips for making the switch to natural beauty products. Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Vegetarian Zen Podcast! If you find value in our podcast and listen on iTunes, please consider leaving us a rating and review. Please […]
Quick Tip Tuesday: Soothe Your Stomach with Peppermint Tea
The soothing and healing properties of mint have been known since antiquity. A hybrid of watermint and spearmint, peppermint contains a high concentration of menthol, which is used to treat a variety of ailments.
Peppermint contains natural chemicals that relax the smooth muscles in the digestive tract, so drinking peppermint tea can help to relieve discomfort from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, abdominal pain and gas, and upset stomach.
Fresh Peppermint Tea
Making fresh, soothing peppermint tea is simple.
- Place two to four 4-inch sprigs of fresh mint in an infuser basket and place the basket in a mug (or simply place the mint directly in a mug). I typically use more mint because I prefer a stronger flavor.
- Pour boiling water over the sprigs. Steep for five to ten minutes (depending on how strong you prefer your tea).
- Remove the infuser basket (or strain your tea to remove the mint).
- Sweeten with a little honey, sugar, or stevia, if desired.
- Serve as is (hot) or over ice.
Funny story: when I was researching the topic for this episode, I went out searching for information about how eating meat could make you more succeptible to seasonal allergies. I thought surely that would be true. I mean, eating meat is bad for your body in so many other ways, right? Why couldn’t it make […]