Healthy Meals Can be Difficult to Plan–But They Don’t Have to Be!
Trying to create healthy meals for your family can be an exercise in frustration. Meal planning takes time and it can be challenging to find well-balanced meals that are quick, easy, and can be adapted to satisfy various nutritional needs (for example, gluten-free) and preferences (vegan, vegetarian, or omnivore).
Even more frustrating is having to throw away spoiled produce that you had every intention of cooking but never found the time or the “right” recipe to use it in. Money down the drain!
Despite producing our own vegetarian podcast for the last six years, Larissa and I often found ourselves here too; until, that is, we discovered Buddha Bowls!
What the Heck is a “Buddha Bowl”?
Buddha bowls, sometimes called power, nourish, hippie, sunshine, or macro bowls, are essentially bowls filled with vibrant, healthy food. While they are typically plant-based (and dairy-free), I have seen some variations that include fish or meat which can work well for households with both plant-based eaters and omnivores.
In episode 294 of the Vegetarian Zen Podcast, we talked all about Buddha Bowls. We fell soooo in love with them, we had to write our first book about them!
Introducing Buddha Bowls: The Vegetarian Zen Way!
Why do we love Buddha Bowls so much? Here are a few reasons:
- They are quick to make
- They make meal planning and meal prep easy and fun
- They’re great for households consisting of multiple food lifestyles–vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike
In this book you will learn:
- What Buddha Bowls are and why they are the PERFECT meal
- How to create your own awesome combinations based on your needs and specific tastes
- Some of our favorite ingredient combinations (recipes) plus ideas for sauces and dressings