In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we learn about the incredible versatility and nutritional value of chia seeds (proving once and for all that they should be eaten and not sprouted in goofy-looking terracotta pots).
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.
Join the Peas and Carrots Society on Facebook:
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Bestselling author John A. McDougall and his kitchen-savvy wife, Mary, prove that a starch-rich diet can actually help you lose weight, prevent a variety of ills, and even cure common diseases.
- One, 12 oz. bag
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten-free
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- Ancient energy food
Further Reading and Sources:
- Seeds, chia seeds, dried Nutrition Facts & Calories
- Benefits of Chia Seeds (and 27 Creative Ways to Use Them!)
- The Best Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (+ 5 Delicious Variations)
Recipe of the Week
- Easy Berry Chia Seed Jam
- Vegan Skillet Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Maple-Cinnamon Superseed Almond Butter
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa