These chili-lime tortilla chips so fresh and tasty it’s almost impossible to find any chips off-the-shelf that even compare! You can adjust the amount of chili powder and lime juice to suit your tastes. If you don’t care for the chili-lime flavor, you can leave it off or use other seasonings, such as cumin, garlic powder or even Italian seasonings, instead.
Enjoy these chili-lime tortilla chips with some homemade salsa or guacamole!
Chile-Lime Tortilla Chips
Yield: 24 chips
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder (or more/less according to your taste)
- sea salt
- canola or olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine lime juice and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Spray both sides of each tortilla lightly with cooking spray.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with lime-chili mixture.
- Stack tortillas together and use a knife to cut the tortillas into quarters.
- Place individual tortilla quarters onto a baking sheet. Do not overlap; use two sheets if necessary.
- Sprinkle tortillas with salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. If using two baking sheets, rotate them in the oven halfway through baking time. Start checking your chips at 15 minutes to ensure that they do not burn.