In early May, Larissa and I challenged the members of our closed Facebook Group, The Peas and Carrots Society to Dr. Michael Greger’s Daily Dozen Challenge. You might remember that Dr. Michael Greger is the founder of Nutritionfacts.org, which is a website we dedicated an entire episode of our podcast to (episode 246) because we thought it was a really awesome resource. In today’s episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we’re going to talk about what was involved in Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen challenge and share some comments from those of our members who joined us in our week-long journey.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted source. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode:
Recipe of the Week:
Vickie’s Blueberry, Chia, Flaxseed, Oatmeal
- Tablespoon chia seeds
- Handful of blueberries
- Palmful of walnuts
- A small amount of sugar to taste
- Add all ingredients to your favorite oatmeal!
- Ingredients: Organic ground golden flaxseed
- USDA Organic. All-natural. Gluten-Free. Provides fiber, lignans & Omega-3 fats.
- Flaxseed meal has a robust nutty flavor
- Makes a great egg substitute for most recipes.
- Keep best refrigerated or frozen for longer product life
- One, 12 oz. bag
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten-free
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- Ancient energy food
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa