Easy Pico De Gallo Recipe
Pico De Gallo (which literally means “beak of a rooster”) is one of my favorite condiments to make at home.
No worries though, it is 100% vegan. While there are different theories on why it’s named after the beak of a rooster, I tend to believe that it’s because of the “bite” this fresh salsa can give you if you add a good amount of peppers.
Not only is this salsa fresca tasty but it’s also a great way to sneak in some veggies. It makes a great topping for your favorite dishes such as nachos, tacos, tamales, enchiladas, or mixed with a couple of avocados to make a great guacamole!
Pico De Gallo
This easy Pico De Gallo recipe takes only minutes to make and adds a fresh spicy zing to any dish!
- 3-4 small tomaotes or 1-2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup diced white onions
- 1 diced fresh jalapeno
- 1 diced fresh serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 1/2 lime
- Mix the ingredients well and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
- Serrano peppers are considerably hotter than a jalapeno! If you want to keep it on the mild side, leave out the serrano and just add another jalapeno.
Leave in the seeds in the peppers to increase the hotness!