Gingerbread for breakfast is delicious! Dust these gingerbread pancakes with powdered
Yield: 4 people
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 egg whites (or 1/2 cup liquid egg whites)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal. baking powder, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a separate bowl whisk together almond milk, egg whites, molasses and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten; batter will be lumpy.
- Spray a griddle or large skillet with cooking spray (or use a non-stick pan). Pour 1/3 batter onto pan for each pancake.
- Cook until top is bubbled and edges are dry; turn pancakes over.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.