Homemade Cleaning Products Are the Bomb (Not Literally!)
In the last episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we shared information about why conventional household cleaners are so bad (for us and for the environment) and offered some tips for making cleaning more environmentally-friendly and less hazardous to health. In this episode, we’ll be talking specifically about making your own cleaning products, including what some of the typical ingredients in homemade cleaning products are, as well as some dos and don’ts.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Our most popular scent, with a peppermint burst so pure it tingles! Scented with organic peppermint oil to cool skin, clear sinuses, and sharpen the mind. Our Peppermint Pure-Castile Liquid Soap is concentrated, biodegradable, versatile, and effective.
Made with organic and certified fair trade ingredients. Organic hemp oil is now sourced in the U.S. following hemp legalization! Packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle. All-One!
- Hard-working multi-surface cleaner concentrate that is tough on dirt
- Biodegradable cleaners for all non-porous multi-surfaces
- Garden-fresh lemon verbena has a light, refreshingly mild citrus scent
- Safe to use as a floor cleaner, tile cleaner, on countertops, walls, and more
- Mrs. Meyer's produces cruelty-free cleaners. None of our products are tested on animals
Resources Used for this Episode:
- Seventh Generation
- My Favorite Homemade Green Household Cleaners
- 8 Natural Cleaning Products You Can Easily Make
- The Vinegar Myth: Vinegar as a Natural Cleaner Dos and Don’ts
Recipe of the Week
Quotes of the Week
At worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing as a life unlived.
— Rose Macaulay
Question: Do you use your own homemade cleaning products?
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa