One thing this Texas gal takes VERY seriously is CHILI, so I’m not joking when I say that this is truly the BEST Darn Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili I’ve EVER had! Check out episode 339 of our podcast to hear us talk about why we LOVE chili much and how an Instant Pot makes it so easy to make this recipe.
Best Darn Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
There's nothing better than a nice hot bowl of chili on a cold winter day. This recipe is packed with nutrients, and the quinoa makes it filling and hearty.
Yield: 4 bowls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 large bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz can corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup meatless crumbles (optional)
- Heat olive oil in Instant Pot on Saute function until hot. Add onion and bell pepper and saute until become soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the garlic, chipoltle powder, and cumin to the mix, along with a dash each of salt and pepper. Cook this mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and tomato sauce and stir well.
- Cover pot. Cook on manual setting on high for 8 minutes. Manually release pressure when cooking is done (be careful not to burn yourself!)
- Turn off the Instant Pot and open the lid. Add the kidney beans, black beans, corn, and quinoa.
- Replace cover and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir chili, and serve.
The quinoa will absorb a lot of liquid so please feel free to add more vegetable broth to make the chili thinner as desired.