In this episode of The Vegetarian Zen podcast we welcome Marion Nestle, PhD. to discuss her book, Let’s Ask Marion.
You can listen to our interview here…
or read on for a quick summary of what we discuss.
If you love the podcast, we’d GREATLY appreciate a quick review!
Who is Marion Nestle?
Marion is a Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health, Emerita at New York University.
Her passionate and clarifying insights into food politics challenge people to consider their own role in the global food chain, and to strive for a healthier, more sustainable, more equitable future.
In our conversation with Marion we talk about her latest book, Let’s Ask Marion, which takes a conversational Q&A format with questions posed by environmentalist and food writer Kerry Trueman.
Let’s Ask Marion is a considered and thoughtful question-and-answer collection that showcases the expertise of food politics powerhouse Marion Nestle in exchanges with environmental advocate Kerry Trueman.
Let’s Ask Marion… And We Did!
It was truly an honor having Marion on the show. Given this opportunity, we wanted to be sure and ask her some of our most burning questions. Here are a few of the things we discuss:
- How is food “political?”
- What would a “National Food Policy” look like?
- The importance of making sure our kids have enough good food to eat.
- How do we make sense of health advice that always seems to be changing?
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) — what are they and why have we never heard of them?
- How we can get involved and make a difference.
All the Places You Can Find Marion
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. That means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of our links. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.
A Special Thanks To Our Sponsors:
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa