This mild taco seasoning recipe is considered a staple in our house! We keep it right but the stove!
Loving Mexican food the way we do, we have crunchy tacos at least once a week. And the fact that we are vegetarian doesn’t mean we’re eating bland-tasting fake-meat tacos, either. We create our taco filling with Gardein Beefless Grounds and this homemade mild taco seasoning.
By making our own taco seasoning we are avoiding added gluten, chemical preservatives and
You Control The Spice and Salt!
If you like more spice in your taco seasoning, add in a little ground cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. Larissa prefers a more mild taco seasoning so we keep it less spicy.
If you are watching your salt intake, you can reduce the amount in this recipe without significantly changing the taste.
But Wait! It’s Not Just For Tacos!
This taco seasoning is also great for other foods such as baked potatoes, popcorn, and sprinkled on your next tofu scramble to give it a little kick!
We also use it in our vegetable enchiladas recipe!
Mild Taco Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh-cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Use 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water for every 8 ounces of the filling you are using (ground crumbles, chick'n tenders, etc).