In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we are pleased to welcome Alison Tierney. Alison is an outpatient oncology dietitian working with patients undergoing cancer treatment to ensure they receive adequate nutrition and symptom relief.
This episode was one that was very personal since Larissa battles
Love the podcast? How about leaving us a rating? It’s quick and helps people find us!
Who is Alison Tierney?
Alison Tierney is a registered dietitian board-certified in oncology nutrition. She started Wholesome in 2015. After developing an oncology nutrition program at a local academic cancer center, Alison pursued Wholesome exclusively as her business and client base continued to grow. Her passion for nutrition and a healthy lifestyle is obvious in her work, her care for her clients, and her desire to always keep learning. Although Alison is board-certified in oncology nutrition, she is multi-passionate in nutrition and her expertise goes beyond cancer and involves helping others with the management of chronic diseases such as heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and autoimmune diseases.
Alison seeks to educate and empower everyone about the benefits of a wholesome, plant-focused diet and it’s a role in fighting and preventing chronic diseases.
What is Oncology Nutrition?
Oncology nutrition is a field that helps patients manage the symptoms and side effects of cancer through a healthy diet.
What is An Oncology Dietitian?
An Oncology Dietitian specializes in working with cancer patients to create a proper nutrition plan to help manage their illness.
In Our Interview with Alison, We Discuss…
- Alison’s journey to oncology nutrition
- How a plant-based diet helped her with her own health issues
- How a plant-based diet helped a family member manage
- How Alison coaches her own clients battling chronic illness
- The 5 to 1 Fiber Rule
Where You Can Find Alison
Looking for more information about managing chronic illness through your diet? Check out our interview with Dr.
In this sequel to Goodbye Lupus, Dr. Brooke Goldner details how she used her hyper-nourishment protocol to help real people all over the world get their lives back from Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren's, Scleroderma, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, and many more using supermarket foods.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. That means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of our links. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.
A Special Thanks To Our Sponsors:
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
In this eBook, you will learn:
- What Buddha bowls are and why they are the PERFECT meal
- How to create your own awesome combinations based on your needs and specific tastes
- Some of our favorite ingredient combinations (recipes) plus ideas for sauces and dressings
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa