The Contented Vegan is your essential guide to transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, combining delicious recipes with practical, inspirational and reassuring advice on making the switch.
Peggy Brusseau is a food writer, cook, and committed vegan. She has written or co-written 24 books on cooking and nutrition. She is originally from Minneapolis and now resides in London.
In our interview, Peggy discusses:
- ways we can avoid being a “White Bread and Jam Vegan”
- the power of the 80/20 rule when it comes to your diet
- the Two-Family Meal (what do you do when not everyone in your household is vegan?)
Disclaimer: Information on this site and on the podcast is presented for educational purposes only. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any new diets or supplements. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you enjoy our podcast, we’d greatly appreciate you leaving us a rating! We read all of our 5-star ratings on the show!
A Special Thanks To Our Sponsors:
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Also Mentioned In This Episode:
Have you ever caught yourself saying, “They just don’t make them like that anymore!”
Larissa and I have which is why we decided to open up a shop filled with many of the clothes, shoes, games, toys, and housewares that we grew up with.
Vintage items are not only fun and unique but reusing them helps to free up space in landfills so it’s also good for the planet.
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. That means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of our links. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.