Use this tofu ricotta as a filler for lovely lasagnas (such as our own Vegetarian Lasagna with Vegan Options), tempting tortellini, and ridiculously-tasty ravioli. The flavors blend together wonderfully in order to ensure that your vegan dishes are just as delicious (if not more so!) than their non-vegan counterparts.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups.
- 8ounces firm tofu
- 3/4teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Drain the tofu and crumble it with your hands into a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. The consistency should approximate dairy ricotta cheese (although it will be tan instead of white).