This episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast is all about rice. We discuss some of the most common types of rice (white, brown, red, and black), the health benefits of eating rice, and also some of the warnings about eating rice (especially regarding its arsenic content). We also share some tips for reducing the arsenic content of the rice you eat.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
- Undetectable arsenic as tested by Dartmouth (< 2 PPB)
- Grown sustainably without the use of flood irrigation
- Low GI (glycemic index) of 48
- Non-GMO project verified
- Grown on the island of Mauritius, gluten-free
Resources Used for this Episode:
- 8 Varieties of Rice with Rich Benefits
- The Rice Association
- Types Of Rice: The Benefits, Differences And The Healthiest
- The Forbidden Rice: Black Rice Nutrition & Benefits
- Do the Pros of Brown Rice Outweigh the Cons of Arsenic?
- Where Does the Arsenic in Rice, Mushrooms, & Wine Come From?
- How Much Arsenic Is in Your Rice?
- White Rice, Brown Rice Or Red Rice: Which One is the Healthiest?
Recipe of the Week
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa