These cookies are “simply sweet” because they contain no added
As-is, they are vegan, as they contain no eggs, butter or animal milk. If you would like to make this recipe gluten-free as well, simply use gluten-free oats, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats.
If it suits your fancy, dress up baked and cooled cookies with a thin layer of peanut butter and a drizzle of melted chocolate for an extra treat!
(Adapted from a recipe that appeared on Getting Healthy and Staying Healthy Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GettinghealthyNstayinghealthy)
Simply Sweet Banana Oat Cookies
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas with a potato masher.
- Add applesauce, vanilla almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon; mix well.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop batter onto baking sheet. These cookies will not spread during baking, so you can flatten them if you prefer a thinner cookie, or just leave them mounded.
- Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes.
- Let cool on sheet for 1 minute, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.