In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we welcome Skye Michael Conroy, aka The Gentle Chef.
Skye is a vegan chef and author of several vegan cookbooks including his latest, Crafting Seitan: Creating Homemade Plant-based Meats.
Skye talks to us about his journey to becoming vegan and shares how he became a vegan chef. We’ll also talk about his book, Crafting Seitan, which can help you break away from commercial mock meat products and learn to make your own delicious versions, complete with all the trimmings!
If you enjoy our podcast, we’d greatly appreciate you leaving us a rating! We read all of our 5-star ratings on the show!
Disclaimer: Information on this site is presented for educational purposes only. Always speak to your doctor before beginning any new diets or supplements. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Who is Skye Michael Conroy?
Skye Michael Conroy began his journey to becoming a vegan chef as a hobby. He soon began studying the culinary arts in-depth and in 2014 received the plant-based professional certificate of completion from Rouxbe Cooking School taught by chef Chad Sarno. For more information about Skye, please visit thegentlechef.com.
- Learn to master knife skills
- Cooking without oil and creating healthy stocks/ sauces
- Time-Saving cooking strategies
- Virtual Q&A's and instructor support
More Books By Skye
Here are a few more books by Skye Michael Conroy you may be interested in:
All The Places to Find The Gentle Chef
Check out Skye’s recipe for vegan pepperoni!
A Special Thanks To:
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa
Affiliate links: Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. That means at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase through one of our links. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource. Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.