Wondering why this green
Let’s take a look:
- Potassium in bananas and avocados helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Soybeans and dark leafy greens such as spinach, kale, and chard contain magnesium, which can help to combat headaches & fatigue (which can either be direct result of stress, or can make stress worse).
- The Omega-3 fatty acid contained in flax seeds can actually help to keep stress hormone levels low.
- Healthy doses of Vitamin C will keep your immune system strong and allow you to cope better with stress. This smoothies packs a Vitamin C punch with dark leafy greens and strawberries.
This all adds up to a delicious way to chill!
Stress Less Smoothie
Yield: 1 person
- 1 cup plant milk soy, almond, or hemp are good choices
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful greens spinach, kale, or chard
- 4 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sweetener honey or agave nectar
- 4 cubes ice
- Add all ingredients to blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth.