Looking for a quick energy boost in a nice, refreshing beverage? Try this Summer Spirulina
We use our Vitamix to prepare this smoothie; the extremely high speed of the machine eliminates the need for cutting up the ingredients. It can easily be prepared in a regular
Summer Spirulina Smoothie
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1 banana cut into pieces
- 1 cup torn kale
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup strawberries stems and leaves removed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 4 ice cubes
- Add soy milk and coconut water to blender.
- Add kale, spinach, banana and strawberries.
- Add ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle in ground flax seed and spirulina powder and blend again briefly.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.