In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we’ve got an amazing guest who’s going to share how we can eat plant-based without breaking the bank. Toni Okamoto is the founder of Plant-Based on a Budget, a website and social media platform that has helped millions of people transition to a plant-based diet without draining their wallets.
Vegetarian Zen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a monetary commission. Additionally, the information presented is for educational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor. Learn More.
Who is toni okamoto?
Toni is a cookbook author and co-host of The Plant-Powered People Podcast. Her latest book is Plant-Based on a Budget: Quick & Easy. She’s been featured on NPR, NBC News, and Parade, and has made appearances on local and national morning shows across the US, teaching viewers how to break their meat habit without breaking their budget. She’s also been featured in the popular documentary, What the Health.
When Toni isn’t cooking up a plant-based storm, she loves spending time with her husband and their dog, Eddie. Grab a snack, sit back, and get ready to learn from the amazing Toni Okamoto some amazing tips on how to eat more plants without breaking the bank!
all the places to find Toni
Also Mentioned on the show
- Plan To Eat Meal Planning App
- What the Health (DVD)
- What the Health (Book)
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
- Learn to master knife skills
- Cooking without oil and creating healthy stocks/ sauces
- Time-Saving cooking strategies
- Virtual Q&A's and instructor support