Recently there seems to be an explosion of the number of vegan athletes who are grabbing headlines by crushing the competition in their respective sports and who cite their vegan plant-based diets as a significant competitive edge. In this episode of our podcast, we’re going to discuss this trend of athletes going vegan, some tips for how they ensure a balanced diet, and we will also provide you with a few resources to get you motivated with respect to eating foods that fuel your body for sports or just to help keep you active.
Here is the awesome documentary we reference in the show!
Check out the podcast here!
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Recipe of the Week:
Vegan Athlete Resources and Sources Cited:
- No Meat Athlete
- Nutrition Facts.org
- PCRM website
- Rich Roll
- Engine 2 Plant-Strong
- A Plant-Based Diet Boosts Physical Health and Emotional Well-Being According to New Geico Study
- NFL Players’ Surprising New Performance Hack – Going Vegan
- Brendan Brazier
Thanks for listening!
Peace, love, and veggies,
Vickie and Larissa