Give Us The Donuts! Vegan Dunkin Donuts Coming Soon!
As of this writing in May of 2021, you can’t get vegan Dunkin Donuts in the US yet; they’ve just launched quite the selection in Belgium, where they’re being test-marketed. Hopefully, this means that we’ll be seeing them soon here in the US!
About Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin Donuts was founded by Bill Rosenberg in Quincy, Massachusetts in 1950. Five years later the business began franchising, and the rest is history!
The company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts.
Sustainability at Dunkin Donuts
I was pleasantly surprised to find an entire page on the Dunk Donuts website dedicated to sustainability. This is a testament to how companies like Dunkin understand that we, their customers, are concerned about this as well.
They have quite a bit to say about ways they’re working to implement sustainability practices. While not perfect, I do think that they are making some good strides, including offering Rainforest Alliance certified coffee in their US stores and in select international ones.
One concern is that they still use palm oil, albeit from sustainable palm oil sourcing. Their site states that they are members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and are a founding member of the North American Sustainable Palm Oil Network (NASPON).
On the plus side, the company eliminated all polystyrene foam cups in 2020; this action resulted in the removal of an estimated 1 billion cups from the waste stream.
They are also improving their buildings to ensure they feature modern design concepts and innovative technologies engineered to meet DD Green achievement specifications. These facilities are at least 25% more energy efficient than their older restaurant designs.
View this post on Instagram
No Vegan Dunkin Donuts….YET!
While we wait for our vegan donuts at Dunkin Donuts stores here in the US, customers can still choose from plenty of other, non-donut vegan options on their next visit.
Here’s how to order vegan at Dunkin Donuts.
Vegan Dunkin Donuts Menu
- Veggie Power Breakfast Sandwich (request no egg for vegans)
- Bagels – your choice of Plain, Sesame, Cinnamon, Raisin, or everything)
- Avocado Toast
- Hash Browns
- English Muffin
- Beyond Sausage
- Oatmeal (may not be available at all locations)
View this post on Instagram
Dunkin drinks are easy to order vegan since they’ve started offering non-dairy milk such as oat milk. Dunkin states that its guests can request Planet Oat Oatmilk to any beverage on its menu in place of milk.
- Hot/Iced Black Coffee
- Hot/Iced Coffee with almond milk or oat milk
- Hot/Iced Lattes with almond milk or oat milk
- Hot/Iced Matcha Latte with almond milk or oat milk
- Hot/Iced Chai Latte with almond milk or oat milk
- Hot/Iced Macchiatos with almond milk or oat milk
- Vanilla, Hazelnut, Toasted Almond, Blueberry, Raspberry, Coconut Flavor Shots
- Mocha Swirl
- Bold Breakfast™ Black Tea
- Harmony Leaf™ Green Tea
- Peach Passion Fruit Refresher
- Decaf Breakfast Tea
- Hibiscus Kiss™ Herbal Infusion
- Chamomile Fields™ Herbal Infusion
- Cool Mint Herbal Infusion
- Iced Tea – Sweetened or Unsweetened
- Coolatta® Frozen Beverages in Strawberry and Blue Raspberry
- Cold Brew (served black, or with almond milk or oat milk and a flavor shot)
- Dunkin’ Energy Punch (regional availability)
- Dunkin’ Refreshers
This list is a helpful guide but be sure to review their menu online ahead of time if possible because they do a good job of clearly listing any allergens and ingredients such as dairy, egg, etc. When in doubt, check it out!
You can check out their mobile app to find a Dunkin Donuts near you.
Are you still looking to satisfy that sweet tooth? Learn to make your own delicious vegan desserts at home!