It’s that time of year again! The Girl Scouts of America will be out in full force, green sashes and all, peddling their boxes of delicious cookies. But if you’re vegan, are you able to partake of this yearly deliciousness? The short answer is YES. There are some delicious vegan Girl Scout Cookies to choose from! Let’s go over your vegan cookie options.
You can listen to us discuss vegan Girl Scout Cookies here or read on for a quick summary of everything we discuss.
Vegetarian Zen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a monetary commission. Additionally, the information presented is for educational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor. Learn More.
Are Girl Scout Cookies Vegan?
If you’re a vegan, rejoice! not all of their cookies are vegan, you have some delicious options to choose from.
While Girl Scout Cookies have traditionally been made with ingredients like butter and eggs that are not vegan-friendly, because many people have shown interest in vegan options the Girl Scouts organization has added some to their cookie lineup.
Which Girl Scout Cookies Are Vegan?
Girl Scout Cookies are produced by either ABC Bakers or Little Brownie Bakers.
ABC Bakers offers six vegan cookie options:
1. Toast-Yays These French toast-inspired cookies will give Thin Mints a run for their money! Toast-Yays are the new buttery, cinnamon-y, vegan favorite. Made by ABC Bakers with exclusively vegan ingredients, you can indulge without worry.
2. Creamy Peanut Butter Patties Chocolate and peanut butter together on a crispy cookie…but wait! Isn’t chocolate made with milk? Not the milk used in this cookie!
3. Thin Mints A classic cookie, Thin Mints are hard to beat. It’s so easy to binge these chocolate and mint treats.
4. Lemonades Don’t confuse this citrusy and crisp shortbread cookie with its non-vegan sibling, Lemon-Ups, Don’t worry, though, you’re not missing anything when it comes to taste.
5. Raspberry Rallies (the newest cookie, available only online) Introducing Raspberry Rally: a thin and crispy cookie with raspberry flavor and a chocolate coating. Only available online and shipped directly, it’s a new addition to the Girl Scout cookies lineup and a delicious alternative to Thin Mints. Ordering Raspberry Rally supports local Girl Scouts and helps them build their e-commerce skills. Get your hands on these tasty treats by placing an order through a Girl Scout you know or by returning on February 27, 2023 to purchase from a troop.
6. Caramel Chocolate Chip The Caramel Chocolate Chip cookie is back with a new and improved recipe–now vegan and gluten-free! This classic cookie has been reimagined, making it accessible to everyone and making history as the Girl Scouts’ first vegan and gluten-free option.
Little Brownie Bakers offers only two vegan options:
1. Thin Mints
2. Raspberry Rallies
How Do I Know Which Vegan Girl Scout Cookies Are Available to Me?
The availability of vegan cookies varies by region and is determined by the bakery serving the area. To find out which bakery serves your local Girl Scout troop, consult the map provided by Wide Open Eats. If vegan options are limited in your area, use the Girl Scouts Council Finder to locate a troop serviced by ABC Bakers and ask about their Digital Cookie platform for shipping.
To ensure that you’re purchasing vegan girl scout cookies, be sure to check the ingredients list on the packaging and online. You can also look for the “vegan” label on the packaging, which will indicate that the cookies are made with vegan-friendly ingredients.
When Is Girl Scout Cookie Season?
Girl Scout Cookie Season is typically held from January to April in the United States, although the exact dates may vary by location. During this time, Girl Scouts and their families sell cookies to raise funds for their organization.
Girl Scout Cookies are widely available for purchase from local Girl Scout troops. You can find them at a variety of events, including school functions and community gatherings, and at local businesses. You can also use the Girl Scout Cookie Finder app to locate a cookie booth near you.
Vegan Girl Scout Cookies Recipes
When it’s not Girl Scout cookie season, never fear! You can also try making your own vegan versions like this recipe for Peanut Butter Patties and this one for Caramel Delites by using plant-based ingredients like coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup.
As you can see, there are plenty of vegan Girl Scout cookies to choose from. Break out a cold glass of your favorite plant-based milk and enjoy!