In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we’re talking about something that is relatively new — vegan Thanksgiving to go!
If you’re not in the mood to cook your turkey-free feast this year, don’t fret! Several meal delivery services now offer holiday menus that you can have delivered to your door (or are available for pick-up).
You can listen to us discuss these 5 places to pick up or order your vegan Thanksgiving to go here or read on for a quick summary with all the links.
Vegetarian Zen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a monetary commission. Additionally, the information presented is for educational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor. Learn More.
5 Places You Can Get Your Vegan Thanksgiving To Go
1. The Herbivorous Butcher
Back in episode 118 of our podcast, we discussed vegan butcher shops and gave a shout out to The Herbivorous Butcher, located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It serves 8-10 people and you can have it shipped or pick it up in their store.
The box includes:
- 2.5 lb Stuffed Turkey
- 8 oz Hickory Bacon
- 13 oz Maple Sage Breakfast Sausage
- 5 oz Smoked Gouda
- 16 oz Chive Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 10 oz Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- 1 oz Roads End Organics Quick Gravy
2. Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot is a Peas and Carrots fan favorite. Back in episode 300 of the podcast, we chatted with friend of Vegetarian Zen, Danielle Fried, about several different meal delivery services she tried, and this was one.
In addition to trying some of their meals, I’ve even checked out a few of their meals in the frozen section of our grocery store. I really did like them a LOT (and I normally don’t like frozen meals).
Purple Carrot is offering a $75 Thanksgiving Celebration Box that includes 3 courses and serves 4.
The box includes:
- Rustic Ciabatta Stuffing with Root Vegetables and Herb Sausage
- Cashew Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Parsley Salsa
- Pear Cranberry Crisp with Walnut Crumble
3. Whole Foods Market
Larissa and I don’t have a Whole Foods very close to us so we don’t go there frequently. However, we were in the neighborhood a few days ago so we stopped by. We realized just how much we miss shopping there, and the vegan options did not disappoint!
Depending on your store, Whole Foods is offering a Vegan Holiday Menu which includes some a la carte menu selections such as:
- Rosemary Sourdough Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Mushroom Gravy
- Chef Chloe Coscarelli’s Jalapeno Cornbread Dressing
…just to name a few.
For $50, you can order Chef Cloe Coscarelli’s Vegan Meal for 2 which includes:
- Cremini Mushroom Roast with Mushroom Gravy
- Miso Creamed Greens
- Coconut Sweet Potato Casserole
- Jalapeño Cornbread Dressing
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
Whole Foods also offers some great free recipes on their site. Check out their Harvest Stuffed Acorn Squash that you can serve as a vegan main dish or hearty side dish if you’re serving something else as your main dish.
4. Veggie Grill
Our friends in:
- New York
can order a Thanksgiving Feast for 4 from Veggie Grill for $75.
Their menu includes:
- Turkey Wellington with walnut mushroom stuffing
- Mac & Cheese with gremolata bread crumbs and lemon zest
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes with porcini gravy
- Green beans with everything bagel butter
- Cranberry sauce
Desserts available separately are:
- Carrot cake tray (serves 8-10) $25.00
- Chocolate Spiced Pumpkin Cake tray (divides into 8 pieces) $28.00
5. Three Girls Vegan Creamery
Not a full meal, but Three Girls Vegan Creamery is offering a Vegan Holiday Roast that looks amazing! Here’s what they say on their site: “Our Holiday Roast is a savory, and moist, Stuffed with Apple, Sausage, Herb Stuffing with Brown Mushroom Gravy made in our Italian culinary tradition. It arrives with Mushroom Gravy.”
- Vital Wheat Gluten
- Organic Chickpea Flour
- Organic Almond milk
- Organic Olive Oil
- Organic Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Organic Rosemary
- Organic Italian Parsley
- Sea Salt
- Organic Apple
- Fresh Sage
- Fennel Seeds
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Organic Almonds
I LOVE that I recognize all the ingredients!
The roast is $78 and serves 6-8. A note on their shipping page says that the roasts will ship the week before Thanksgiving.
Allergens: Cashew, Almond, Soy and Wheat
Finally, if you live in a city where you’re fortunate enough to have a selection of vegan restaurants or vegetarian cafes, check in with them to see if they have any holiday vegan dishes to go. Even if you purchase your vegan desserts from them, you’re still helping to support local plant-based businesses.
We hope this has given you some ideas of where you can order your vegan Thanksgiving to go. Beyond Thanksgiving, I’m sure some will also be offering Christmas Dinners as well, so be sure to check them out and also, support local stores and restaurants where you can!
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!