Recipe from EASY VEGAN HOME COOKING by Laura Theodore © 2021. Published by Hatherleigh Press, February 15th, 2022. Reprinted by permission. Vegetarian Zen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a monetary commission. Additionally, the information presented on our site is for educational purposes. Always consult a doctor.
Easy Vegan Tofu Ricotta Cheese
- 1 block extra-firm regular tofu (refrigerated tub) well drained and broken into chunks
- 1/3 cup fresh chives chopped and firmly packed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper several grinds
- Put the tofu, chives, olive oil, tamari, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper into a medium-sized bowl.
- Mash to the consistency of chunky ricotta cheese using a potato masher or large fork. Covered and refrigerated, Vegan Chive Ricotta will keep for 1 day.