In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we speak to Nava Atlas, who is the author of multiple books including Vegetariana: A Rich Harvest of Wit, Lore, and Recipes. Vegetariana was originally released in 1984. The 4th edition was released recently and is 100% vegan.
We’ll speak to Nava about what it was like for her to declare herself “vegetarian” at the young age of 16, and also about her inspiration for the latest edition of Vegetariana.
Who is Nava Atlas?
Nava Atlas is the author and illustrator of many books on vegetarian and
Besides focusing on vegan issues, Nava is an accomplished artist as well as an expert on women’s literature. Her book, The Literary Ladies’ Guide to the Writing Life, explores the creative processes of twelve classic female authors through their letters, journals, and interviews. Based on this book, Nava created The Literary Ladies’ Guide website, which strives to be the most comprehensive resource on women’s classic literature.
Be sure to check out 3 of Nava’s recipes from Vegetariana!
- Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup
- Potato, Scallion, & Zucchini Casserole
- Tender Greens Salad with Radishes & Herbs
More Books By Nava
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
- 20 Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Flavors To Cool You off This Summer
- 10 Of Our Favorite Vegan Ice Cream Brands Of 2022
- 15 Easy Zero Waste Swaps The Planet Will Love You For!
- Sweet & Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Potato, Scallion, & Zucchini Casserole Recipe
5 Ways to Sneak More Fruits and Veggies Into Your Diet!
Getting enough fruits and veggies into your diet can be tough. Download our free cheat sheet with 5 ways to sneak more fruits and veggies into your diet!