This episode of the podcast is all about bees! You’ll find out why honey isn’t considered vegan, and learn about the five main bee products: honey, bee pollen, propolis, royal jelly, and beeswax. We’ll discuss the purported benefits of each, plus the risks. We’ll also share a few places you can find cruelty-free bee products.
Thanks for tuning in to this episode of the Vegetarian Zen Podcast! If you find value in our podcast and listen on iTunes, please consider leaving us a rating and review.[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/review?id=666811479&type=Podcast” primary=”true” centered=”true” newwindow=”true”]Click to Review Vegetarian Zen on iTunes[/button]
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
- Vegetarian Zen TV — Our new YouTube channel!
- Vega Sport
- Bee’s Wrap – The beeswax & cloth food storage alternative
Quote of the Week
Bees do have a smell, you know, and if they don’t they should, for their feet are dusted with spices from a million flowers.
— from Dandelion Wine, by Ray Bradbury
Recipe of the Week
- Honey-Roasted Carrots (substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Butter-Free)
- Honey-Strawberry Jam
- Almond Butter Banana Bread
- Grilled Sweet Corn with Chili-Lime Honey Butter
- Honey-and-Oat Pancakes
- What Is Honey?
- Why Honey Is Not Vegan
- Bee Pollen Benefits and Side Effects
- What Are the Benefits of Bee Propolis?
- Health Benefits of Honey Bee Products
- Royal Jelly
- Health Benefits of Royal Jelly, Bee Products
- 21 Brilliant Benefits of Beeswax
- Honey Bees and Their Wondrous Products
[reminder]Do you currently use any bee products? What are they, and have you found them beneficial?[/reminder]
Don’t miss a single episode of Vegetarian Zen! Subscribe today:
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vegetarian-zen-nutrition-recipes/id666811479?mt=2″ primary=”true” centered=”false” newwindow=”true”]Subscribe on iTunes[/button]
[button href=”http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/vegetarian-zen?refid=stpr” primary=”true” centered=”false” newwindow=”true”]Subscribe on Stitcher[/button]
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa