Mother Nature Knows Best!
In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast we talk about some natural alternatives to sugar for sweetening your foods. None of that artificial, made-by-scientists stuff like aspartame or Splenda…what we’ll be discussing was all made in Mother Nature’s laboratory.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
In the News:
- Russell Simmons Condemns NYC Horse Carriages
- The Happy Vegan: Lifestyle of the Urban Yogi
- Humane Society petition – Ban NYC Horse-Drawn Carriages!
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode
- Agave nectar
- Honey Sweetens Your Health
- Nutritional Content of Sugar Beets
- Buyer’s Guide to Natural Sweeteners
- What Is the Nutritional Value of Dates?
- The 5 Worst Sweeteners (+ 5 Healthy Alternatives)
- What Is the Difference Between Sucrose, Glucose & Fructose?
Recipe of the Week
Quotes of the Week
What sweetness is left in life, if you take away friendship?
Question: Do you use any natural sweeteners besides sugar?
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa