Restrictive Eating Can Affect Anyone
In today’s episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we’re going to talk about something that is very close to us…the problems associated with restrictive eating. While not technically classified as an eating disorder, restrictive eating can be very damaging and very hard to address and overcome. Vickie will share some personal experiences, as well as some ways she’s working to move past them.
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves, and our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers and listeners.
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode
- Orthorexia Nervosa
- When Veganism Is an Eating Disorder
- 3 Tips on going vegan after restrictive eating (part 2)
- Can Veganism Lead To Eating Disorders? A Nutritionist Weighs In
- Vegetarianism, Eating Disorder Study Reveals Worrisome Relationship Among Women
- Body MAGIC!: a Blissful End to Emotional Eating by Chinmayi Dore
Recipe of the Week
- Cheesy, Oozy Guacamole Bean Dip
Quotes of the Week
When the mind, body, and spirit work together I believe anything is possible.
— Criss Angel
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa