In this episode of the Vegetarian Zen podcast, we learn about sorghum, an ancient grain that is gaining in popularity these days for a number of reasons (it’s gluten-free, for one!).
Please note that some of the links on this page may be affiliate links and, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through to the product using the link we have provided. We never recommend or provide affiliate links to products or services we do not use ourselves or that come from a trusted resource., Our ultimate goal is to provide helpful products and advice to you, our readers, and listeners.
- Patreon is a simple way for listeners to contribute to Vegetarian Zen every month.
- Pledge levels start as low as $1 a month. Pledge $5 or more and you’ll receive some sweet Veg Zen swag…t-shirts, stickers, magnets, grocery bags, and more!
- By becoming a sponsor on Patreon, you are automatically inducted into our prestigious Golden Apple Roundtable!
Here’s what we mention in this episode:
Resources Used for this Episode:
- Gluten-Free; Vegan; Vegetarian; 100% Whole grain; High in Fiber; Kosher Pareve
- Manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free facility; R5-ELISA tested gluten-free
- Excellent source of dietary fiber; 5g protein per serving; good source of iron
Recipe of the Week
Quotes of the Week
I mapped out some of the agricultural supply places in the area. Even if they’ve been cleaned out, my bet is the sorghum would be untouched. Now, that there is a criminally underrated grain that could change the game of our food situation from scary to hunky-dunky.
— Eugene Porter, in “The Walking Dead”
Thanks for listening!
Peace and Veggies,
Vickie and Larissa